Elixir - Hilary Duff, Elise Allen I have always been a fan of Hilary Duff's music and movies. So when I saw she had written a novel I totally had to read it. I am really surprised at how much I enjoyed this book, and I guess that was because I started reading it with the exception that it would not be good at all. It was a quick easy read. Straight into the story. I felt like it read like a movie. I was imaging it being like a Hilary Duff movie. Clea the lead female character was played by Hilary Duff in my head.

The story surprised me at how it turned out. It has really been left open for a sequel. But I feel like I might have missed something. Did we ever find out about what happened to her Dad in the end? Maybe we will find out in the next one. I am not a fan of love triangles and this one was painful to read. I am always on the side of the guy who never gets the girl.

Over all I really enjoyed it. I think the next one will be great. 5 stars for a quick, fun read. A very different story. Nothing like I have been reading recently.